Thursday, February 15, 2018

I Love You to the Stars and Back

I Love You to the Stars and Back card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn FawnHere's my card for the current Lawn Fawnatics "inky fingers" themed challenge.  I got my fingers inky making a galaxy style background panel as a backdrop for images from Lawn Fawn's Out of This World stamp set.  I created the background first, starting with the brightest colors of ink first, then adding in the darker colors.  A few water droplets on the panel made some bright star-like spots on the panel. I probably should have let the water set a bit more so that there'd be more of a contrast . . . 

To make my scene, I stamped and colored a few of the images from the Out of This World set.  I cut them out and arranged them on the panel along with a shimmery white crater-filled "moon" to ground my astronaut.  The "I love you to the stars and back" sentiment was stamped directly on the panel in white pigment ink, then heat embossed so it would pop.  A few silver sequins scattered around the panel as stars filled in the scene.  The finished panel was adhered to a rich purple card base that coordinated nicely with the galaxy background.

Materials Used:
Out of This World stamp set, Out of This World dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress and Memento Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Black Soot, Stormy Sky, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, and Wilted Violet distress inks (Ranger); markers (Copic); Rich Razzleberry and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle die (Spellbinders); Polka Dot embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); Recollections Snow embossing powder (Michaels); silver sequins; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. sooooo cool!! love the galaxy sky!! loooove the inking!!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips